Monday, December 8, 2008

Mi Amor

01000001
01001101
01001111
01010010

AMOR



--
Geez I love binary.
I love tacos to. Tacos are like binary. You need 8 of them to make perfect sense. Unlike that sentence.

--
Lol went jamming just now. Apparently Mr D. Thishanth booked the studio from 3-5pm on SUNDAY, not today, resulting in temporary panic. Then the fourtones guy offered 5-7pm and he went for 5-6pm.

Then called beat Merchants. They have 4pm to 6pm. Time: 2.56. Great. We have time. So we booked beat merchants and Cancelled to fourtones one.

While walking, I found out that screaming echo (or whatever) while bending down causes, well, echoes. Like those dual-sound kind of sound you hear on recordings. The delay time is a splitsecond- which makes it really awesome.

Practiced the "whole show"
Have I told you my songlist. No?

Here's the final one. With comments on why we picked them.
Oh and it's in order.

My Heroine-Silverstein
The first song we played as a full band. I remember Jun Da was playing bass and Andra played lead guitar. We did a non-screamo version 'cause nobody in the band could scream awesomely.

Boulevard of Broken dreams - Green Day
First song me and Thishanth played. I remember it was last year or something during music class. I played this song and he said he could play it. But he doesn't have a drumstick so he couldn't play the music room drums. Lol. Then played with the classroom table, the metal part as hi-hat and books for bass drums lol.

The River - Good Charlotte ft. M. Shadows and Synyster Gates
The only song we have on this list that has a solo. I figured that a real rock band needs a solo song. So here it is. Oh and it's DAMN HARD TO SING. I usually cheat by going down an octave during the chorus.

Face Down - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
No, I HATE RJA. Not hate but not really into it. But since we need a fourth song in short notice, and I don't love you was too difficult for JD to learn, here's Face down, with only four chords. Lol.

Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Green Day
A classic Green Day song- and they always end live shows with this song.

And Here's a list of songs that we could've played but didn't for several reasons

I don't Love You-My Chem
Too hard for them. Too boring for me

Jenny - The Click Five

Playing a Click Five song without a keyboardist is like blogging without a keyboard. 'Nuff said.

Teenagers - My Chem
Only I know the song.

Famous Last words - My Chem
The repetitive verse makes it boring for me- and the shredding solo isn't easy. At all

Thank You-Original
It's too complicated for either Hafiz and Jun Da to learn. I went a little too far with the chord progression. Oh and I haven't finished writing a solo for this song. Dayum.

Afterlife - Avenged Sevenfold
Yeah, Right

Cancer - My chem
The same reason for Jenny, we don't have a keyboardist. And singing while playing the piano is hard.

5 minutes to midnight - Boys like girls
Hohoho. There are too much variations on how to play this, and the arrangement is too confusing to memorize. Go figure.



Oh and any wannabe photographers kind enough to handle my Nikon D40 on that night (17 dec) to record our awesome performance?





If you took the time to notice me ♪♫~