Monday, May 25, 2009

Results

RESULTS ARE OUT!

Ok here's my summary of what I got. Some marks here are not the final SA1 mark, plus the CA and all.

ENGLISH

Haha Almost failed this subject. My Free Writing was 19/30 and my situational was (thank god) 22/30. In the end, my compo was the one that saved me. I got 5/25 for summary (only 2 valid points and 3 for language I think) and 18/25 for Compre. Luckily my compo stuff was ok. Close shave, but I'm still dead.
TOTAL: 58%
GRADE: c5

MALAY

Haha after writing the same compo as Rifdi, I did horribly for paper 1. Situational I got 12/30, and I forgot about the free writing. But there was a grammatical mistake on every sentence. I got 40.5/70 for my paper two and I think 14/20 for my listening compre. Added with my oral marks (37/40, woohoo!), totalled up to a B3. I got highest for SA1. I don't know about overall, since I didn't hand in a lot of homework.
TOTAL: 66.3%
GRADE: B3

EMATHS

The class did really badly for this. Only like 2 A1s, JunYin and JunDa, and a few A2. Got 27/40 for the first part and 35/60 for the second. Really hard questions. I didn't expect to pass ANY maths, so this is kinda good. But still, a B4 is not enough. Aa
TOTAL: 62%
GRADE: B4

COMBINED HUMANITIES

Real killer. I think Marcus got highest in class, getting 20/30 for both papers. I passed both papers luckily. A lot of people didn't. 19/30 for geography. Luckily I got like 6 marks for my LORMS question and my map reading only has 1 mark taken off. My SS was bad though at 17. Getting only 6/12 marks for my SEQ. Damn you Yong Yang, you told me not to study means testing, Did quite well for my comparison question, like 5-6 marks.
TOTAL: 60%
GRADE: B4

AMATHS

Surprisingly, the class got more A1s in Amaths than in EMaths. Haha every question which I got all correct for, there is a little :) beside the marks. Haha. Not much to say, this is quite hard.
TOTAL: 60%
GRADE: B4

PHYSICS

I quote Eugene for this. "Physics is a piece of kena sai thing." Really. Highest in class is Jia Hao I think like 64/100. A LOT of calculation mistake and I forgot to draw the light path inside the diamond. Oh and although Mr Koh said that diverging lens won't come out, it did, and ate away my 3 marks. Really piece of kena sai thing. Oh also he said that our class tests would pull us up. It pulled me down by 2 marks. Hahaha. Nevermind, shall study harder for SA2.
TOTAL: 54%
GRADE: C6

CHEMISTRY

The only subject I did very well in. My Section C was disturbing. But I got 27/30 for MCQ so it saved me. For some reason, they printed Alex's name instead of mine on the MCQ. Reminded us of last year when Ms Hashimah called me Alex and Alex Alif. Tsk, what's so similar about our name.
TOTAL: 80.48%
GRADE: A1

BIOLOGY

Did relatively well for this. Second best subject here. Got 21/30 for MCQ. I forgot to bring calculator for the exam, so I had to manually do all the calculations and multiplication. Freaking hell took most of my time. But surprisingly, I got all correct for those question with calculation. Haha. Really lucky this time.
TOTAL: 71%
GRADE: A2.

Ok if I use
English - C5
Emaths- B4
Humans- B4
Malay - B3
Chem - A1
Biology - A2
_________
L1R5 - 19

Crap.
Hung out too much during exam period. Shouldn't have done that.

Ok this post was an excuse to do a list. I like to make lists. It's an OCD thing. I like lists but not tables. I don't know why.