Monday, September 14, 2009

Bep bop

It had long dawned me that a lot of songs, around 65% of them, are based on personal experience. Country music and those acousticy stuff are the biggest offender. Well, you can't call that an offence. A lot of rock songs put these into metaphorical lyrics and fancy poetic stuff. Raps basically talk about the same 3 things and pop songs too.

Maybe the reason I like old songs is 'cause there's a lot of diversity in them. With the exclusion of the ramones (drugs, women) and Green Day (same thing), it contains way more things than if you compare it to the likes of the much obviously titled womanizer by the artist who had a real sad life.

But I shall not comment about musical tastes 'cause I know it's one of those sensitive things like religion. I'm serious! You don't know how pissed people get when their favorite band gets dissed. Well, I had to live with this for a while 'cause nobody likes My Chem except for those crazy fangirls, which we real fans ttly despise.

--

Man I'm not quite happy with a lot of stuffs in my life. I can't seem to get things right. Well until fasting ends (next week), I'd be too dehydrated to do anything after school in school, and probably will fall asleep at home after waiting 20 minutes in the searing hot sun for that lousy bus that never come on time. Well I do try. The library's quite a nice place. But when you smell like old socks and your tongue is drier than likeen's joke, it may not always be the case.

But I must really hit the books. A lot of things forgotten for both maths, nothing's going into my head for physics and I'm barely passing my humans.

Owh I got meself a twitter account. Because it's cool like that. Nah I'm not gonna update it often, just to see what david blaine is up to. He's quite BAMF.

Oh! Oh! The intro for choir for EMD really ticks me off, since they did say "One of the best in singapore". They didn't consider the supermegaubercool JC choirs lor. Ah well. Oh yeah and their pronounciation for occhi is as written. Or "O Oh-chee Man-za me-a". Haha.

We had to do this silly choreo for Come Go with me. Even if aaron says it's quite nice, he DID come up with that finger wagging thing. I'm sure what's gonna happen is that half the people aren't gonna really do it, like only half-heartedly. Oh and laughing. We're not supposed to laugh on stage but it's really hard. Geez. But if the audience is as shell headed as some people, they should be okay with it. Meh and our fascinating and unique black long sleeve shirt and different colored tie is so unique. Hurr.


--

Sometimes I just wanna listen to music. Foo Fighters rock. Go listen to them.

--
ED-FREAKING-DIT: No more justice in this world. Just media.

More proof on this media thing is in moosebutter's article about America's got talent. I've been quite a big fan of the a capella group, and that article made me not want to watch tv ever (Except maybe for conan o' brien and sitcoms).

Who's moosebutter you ask? Well they're a musical group, best known for singing "John Williams is the Man", a song that's made up of the different songs from movies that John Williams wrote music for. Lyrics centred around star wars. The song was made popular by Corey Vidal, who lip-synced to the video and posted it up on the net (which is basically another example of this media thingy, everybody crediting Vidal for singing the whole thing but I just find that with his voice, he couldn't do it).

I'm not gonna tell you all the whole story, but basically they didn't get in because America's Got Talent just wants people who they could market.

To all you people interested (and you should be), read the whole report here by Mistertim from moosebutter. It opens your eyes.