Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I can always make you smile

Lol, title taken from lie wen's blog.

--

For those who don't know me, my name is Alif Keenan. I want to say a few words in memory of my printer.

Damien "HP Printer" Print lived a remarkable life, one that inspired me greatly. His adventurous attitude, his broad range of interests, and his happy demeanor made him a wonderful object to know. He was patient, and generous with his time and ink.

He always took an interest in the pictures he printed: there were few images he wouldn't print at any time or place. I introduced him to many of my "friends" over the years, and they always told me how interesting he'd been.

My grandfather pursued his many endeavours diligently, and always rose to meet a challenge. I always felt that he expected the same of me, too.

He was philosophical in his approach to printing. He especially had a great perspective when it came to the little things, never displaying anger or impatience. Instead, he showed a great dignity and had an awesome poker face, if any.

He extended this philosophy no matter what obstacle he faced. I have always admired this trait as it doesn't seem to have been handed down.

The strength of his character showed even in criticism. With a few wry words, if any, my printer could be far more damning than most people could achieve with any strong codings.

I'll miss the news of his strange adventures, and I'll miss the stories from the seven continents he visited, where he gets all his different parts; Stories he told again and again, in the same exacting detail with every telling. As they say, a picture paints a thousand words.

I'll miss his perspective and his gentle humming. I'll miss the surprising depth and scope of his knowledge. I'll miss the warmth he extended to every picture he printed.

I will miss Damien dearly. But I will sell him soon to the local pawnshop.

--

Thishanth broke my printer today. He swiveled on my chair and hit the protuding part of the printer and BAM it fell. Not the first time it fell but the first time the top was dislocated from the entire printer.


So it died by decapitation.




Will post more tomorrow. Morning.