Thursday, January 15, 2009

Uh hoe

I wanna record.
I wanna make a demo.

Currently, I have 5 musically finished songs without lyrics. Once I write the lyrics (which is something I despise so much), I'm gonna start recording. I don't care if I no face record my lousy songs in the jamming studio, and set it on stone.

Once I teach the other band members that is.

This is by the way, my 200th post, so happy too hundretdsth, blog!
Today is like, exactly one week after my blog's birthday (8th Jan '08) so happy first birthday too bloggie.
Maybe I should keep this up. 200 post per year, 1000 post by the time I finish JC.

Ok the five songs that are at disposal

Thank You
(Working title: I must try to save you with what I have)
I actually recorded this and posted it one facebook. If you can find it that is...
But my recording used garageband and its onscreen keyboard. With unprofessional tools and sucky vocals. I'm gonna get a new vocalist btw, so I'll slack away with backing vocals. Teehee. It's also the only original song Thishanth knows how to play.
Inspiration for this song: Multi-layered queen songs and harmonics taken from Helena.
Lyrics?: Yes.

Unnamed (Working title: F-C-D)
Based on the chord progression F-C-D. For some reason, months after I wrote it (now), the rhythm guitar playing in the background sounds EXACTLY like A-ha's Take On Me's pre chorus. (which was made into a literal video sometimes back). So I had to tweak it a little. Somehow came up with this while playing around with different chordings on guitar.
Inspiration for this song: The starting progression is by accident, the chorus with separate lead guitar is inspired (fine, kinda ripped) from A7x's Lost.
Lyrics: No

Night of the Century (Working title: If You Were Here)
Yes, the working title was ripped from ''Give 'em Hell, kid" chorus lyrics. Wrote this song after I played freebird on Guitar Hero 2. Really wanted to write a clean guitar song with overlapping harmonies and guitars. The only song with a proper solo that I wrote. The solo was written a year after the song was written, which is around when I first learn the blues minor scale. Oh and if anyone could play the bass line, I salute you. 2 years ago or so, I wrote really crazy basslines, so it's very hard to memorize.
Inspiration for this song: Freebird, Teenagers solo.
Lyrics: No

Predamneds. (Working title: The Light)
The most significant thing about this song is that it has a very dark mood to it. I wrote the chorus and prechorus in a major key but it still feels scary. It's undescribable fear. This song made me realize that I must only write what I could play, 'cause the intro riff is incredibly hard to play. The transitions are too fast. Oh and there is also a proper solo in here, and an awesome usage of wah-wah.
Inspiration for this song: Thank You for the Venom, House of Wolves (Which also use a wah for its solo O:) and This is how I disappear.
Lyrics: Surprisingly, yes

Headache (Working title: Green Day-ish)
First song I wrote. I wrote this when I was in a Green Day hype, I was listening to GD more than my chem. Argh dangerous. This song follows the cliche "Get famous with 4 chords". Srsly, the song only basically involves 4 chords. It's verses follows Green Day's Walking Contradiction chorus. Guess what the song's lyrics' about.
Inspiration for this song: Major Headaches... and Green Day. Green Day.
Lyrics: Yes

Untitled (Working title: The Riff)
A ridiculous to write metal songs. When I let Thishanth hear it, he claimed that he couldn't play the double bass needed for the song. x.x
Inspiration for this song: Random stuffs
Lyrics: Nope

Untitled (Working title: Piano song)
This song was rewritten like, 4 times. Didn't like the first 3 times and ended up with a piano-ridden version on the last one, which I like for some reason. The third time I remember I was trying to fit it to a lyrics my friend gave me, but it was too hard to adjust and I just can't write the chorus. It's main riff has a very nice harmony-like sound so I decided to stick with it.
Inspiration for this song: Teen Bopper songs. XD
Lyrics: Nil.

Ghastly Man (Working title: Scare)
Another creepy song. I can't stand listening to it alone in my room. It has very weird feel to it. So for some reasons, I made it very short, 'cause everytime I evaluate it wholly, I feel like running away from my room.
Inspiration for this song: That dun dun dun duuunn sound
Lyrics: yup

Welcome, Famous (Working Title: 10)
Right, the title is ripped from WTTB and Famous last words. This song is basically a repeat of 2 different riffs with different chord progression in the background. I like this song for its simplicity.
Inspiration for this song: I'm not okay, which uses the same chord progression all along, except for the solo.
Lyrics: No.

Infamous Lanes (Working title: Walk down)
This song was literally blurted out while I was walking down an alley while visiting my cousin in australia. So I was randomly humming choir songs when this riff came up. Basically a Two fifths, a third, a fourth and a fifth again. It sounds really nice when you've got the rythm moving.
Inspiration for this song: Um, I like, saw this hobo getting high on cocaine while sniffing glue on the streets while humming this son.
Lyrics: Not Yet.

Woah what the hell, with this one song I'm working on, I actually have 11 recordable songs (without lyrics)!. That's an album in records talk yo. Bummed out about not being able to write lyrics. I want a new vocalist!