Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Doo dn Dee oo

Sometimes I sleep on my bed in the middle of the night and think

"What the heck, life is short, let's enjoy it to the fullest."

So I woke up and played Left 4 Dead till the morning.
That was the REAL cause of my sleepiness.

Yes, it WAS creepy, so I switched the sound off. And had my blanket cover me. Creeepeh.
--
Ok so tomorrow's auditions for Tenors and Basses. Actually tomorrow is only 22 minutes away.
I am contemplating on whether to take this week's audition, do it with Sopranos and Altos or with the new Sec 1s.

If I go tomorrow (which is now 17 minutes away), there's a 67% chance that I won't get in the team, since I've only been in tenor for like what, 3 weeks? It's not the notes I'm worried about, it's my tone/placement everything. Garr since I moved to tenor, must do everything differently so argh.

If I do with SA or the new sec ones, according to Chia Chin Howe, that'll prolly be my last shot.

What should I do, what should I do?
--
I think I know why choir seniors who had left Victoria School was like attached to choir.

Upper sec life is boring.

Yes, upper sec life is boring. It's really study study everyday.

Ok put it like this.

Oh crap I'm making another list.

Sec 1: I just joined choir. Really didn't know anything about the school. So the sly school system decided to take it easy on us and not give us too much work. There were many events that were out of the curriculum that spiced up life.

During that period of time, I kinda hated going for choir practices. I thought "How the hell am I going to survive 4 years like this". The thought came to me the prac after the first time we got pumped. We got pumped a few times after that day. But then I looked at the current sec 4s at that time, Sherman, Pock Thong, Neng Wei. I was like "If they can survive 4 years like this, why can't you?" So I realized that it was ok ok.

I remembered the com of '07-'08 did lots of corrective detterent, a lousy euphemism for pumping which I will use from now on and shall refer to as CD hereon, before the pattaya trip. Scolded us after the trip for partying too early. A LOST my voice after the Gold C was announced in the Jia Rong Li Keen Chong Lim and someone else pillow fight.

Sec 2: Woohoo Rhapsody. There were less CDs from the com. 2008 was a really fun year. I began to like choir and the sort of "permanent" members from my batch is settled, nobody quitting anymore. Except for Jun Chong. 2008 was like bonding year lah. STCP FTW.

So if in sec 1 I hated choir practices, in sec 2 choir practices are something to look forward to, though it feels like a chore practicing songs you just performed just to perform it again. The intense training for Olomouc, where the new committee members took charge, was chaotic. I could only remember blurs of events.

Then I think the Olomouc trip really pulled the STCP together. With all the giving everyone a pokemon name and the "Here" joke, it was really fun. I remember the sectionals the night before the first performance. Jonteo keeps telling me not to go sharp. Then we had to drink that weird tasting tap water. Eagh.

Sec 3: Can't say anything yet. Although so far, it's one of the only fun things in life right now. Seeing the STCP members in long pants was funny. Moved down to tenor this year and of course, the non stop spammage of "Betrayer" by Li Keen and Hendrik. I think Alto and Tenor have a few differences. Firstly, Alto is really spiritual. I think 'cause a psychologist dictator was our SL. During choir camp last year, the few hours spent on choir practice and sectionals, the dictator asked the people who think they can do better to go to pumping position. The thought of blending as a section not only vocally but also, well, spiritually was the thing I liked most about Alto. In tenor, it's systematic. Maybe 'cause of the prefect SLs but to me the teaching is very systematic.

If Tenor section is like square building blocks, Alto is like a tesselative figure stacked together.

I hope more fun things happen.
--
No, I'm doing this 'cause I'm bored.
This friday is "Friendship Day", just another phrase for single-sex school day.