Friday, February 13, 2009

Now these points of data makes a beatiful line

Ok my 'b' button is dying again. I need to press like, three times harder just to get it to work.
--

Haha.
Changed the blogskin 'cause Eugene told me to. Said the old one was boring.
So the inspiration came from "Give 'em Hell, kid" by my chem where the chorus goes

If you were here, I'd never have a fear
So come on live your life
And I mean this more than I did yesterday.

Yep.

Oh the olive is supposed to be a pun. 'Cause Gway sings it like "So come oh live your life", it sounds like "So come o-live your life". Haha

Anyway, Olives are great food to eat when you're sad. Also, Olive sounds like my name.
Random kia.

--

Currently addicted to STILL ALIVE. The portal ending song.

I realized that for me to like a song A LOT, I must learn it on guitar. Which is the case for Still Alive lah. The song repeats the progression thrice, so it's boring after the 50th time you play it. But it is still the nicest song you've ever heard from a video game.

--

I survived SYF auditions. Woohoo.

Ok so Choir prac started with Mr Kwei asking all sections 'cept bass to go out. Auditions baby. Then Jun Yew and Joshua did warmups and made us relax our muscles. Which really helped 'cause I was about to, em, squeeze the lemon anytime. Then when we were about to revise kucinta, Eugene went out of the room and pointed towards the room "Tenors go in".

Haha Jun Yew was shocked. Then we Jiao You-ed and good lucked each other and went in.

So Mr Kwei called out Winston, Joshua and Brandon's name but none of them is there. So he told the SLs that they auto go in and auditioned myo. Woah myo sing so smooth sia. Ok so myo was a breeze.

Then it was my turn. One of the SLs told Mr Kwei that I just joined so he asked me whether I want to try it now or later in second round. FLASHBACK. I watched yes man FLASHBACK. then I said I'll try. Ok started singing. First bar, I sound damn shallow. When I tried anchoring my voice, I sound like Elliot. So I just support harder. Then it was rifdi's turn. He went sharp 'cause he claims that he couldn't sing the 'Renovan's. Of course, he couldn't not sing that in front of Mr Kwei since that would be like, obviously useless.

During the whole audition, only HAMZAH didn't get in. For "Fluit Aqua Labilis; Tera Manet stabilis", he sung it to the bass melody. And said sorry during the renovan.

So moral of the story is SAY YES. If I hadn't said yes to being auditioned, I might've failed. So follow YES MAN and say yes!

Haha ok want to reinterate more into SYF.

For the past few days, I have asked a lot of seniors on what they think of SYF. What they think the choir standard is right now.

Most of them said that we have lots of space to improve on. I also realized from listening to the choir that there were barely any dynamics and the timings are off. Garr. Let's improve!

--

So now. Every friday is Left 4 dead night. Usually me, Hao Yang and Cedric will play but this week, we decided to let the public into our versus games so that there are enough people to play with for versus. Anyway, first time trying the versus mode. It's kinda creepy seeing the world in the zombie's eyes. Haha I used hunter and pounced on Hao Yang and nobody saved him.

Oh well, choir practice tomorrow. Better get sleeping.

Good luck EWgene!