Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mini Guitar Lessons (please mark)

NAVIGATE USING THE PICTURES ABOVE

Last Wednesday, I brought my acoustic guitar, a Yamaha one, to school to play with my classmate who has brought drumsticks with him. We have been planning to do this for a few days. There was no drumsets in the class so we used tables and books instead. I asked my mother to drive me to school the night before because the guitar was huge and bulky and the bus I ride is always crowded in the morning.

When I reached school, I waited for him to come so we could play a little early in the morning. When he came, he took his drumsticks out and we started playing some "warm up" stuff which was actually random drumbeats accompanied by random guitar riffs. It's more of a random playing instead of a warm up, but it was fun. As you know, time flies when you're having fun so before we get to play anything proper, the morning bell rung and to the parade square we go.

Before recess was English lesson. As the last minute before recess break comes, I was counting seconds on the class clock. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. The bell rung and the whole class gave a relaxed sigh because the bell tells them that the lesson is over. Me and my friend decided not to go down and eat during recess and stayed in class to play instead. We did the same "warm up" again and played a proper song. We played "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day halfway, because I forgot the lyrics and a few other songs. My friend was interested in playing the guitar so for around fifteen minutes, I taught him how to play "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" and the main notes for "What I've Done" by Linkin Park. Honestly, he was a very good learner and learned four chords in a matter of minutes. I tried to accompany his playing by playing the "drums". It was a very fun experience playing with my friend.